Friday, July 9, 2010

Add Network Printer to my dear Fedora 13!

It took me about 20 minutes to set up my network printer.  The procedure is easy since it has graphic interface.  However, I picked PS printer driver for Lanier LD 435C instead of PXL driver at the first place.  It made the printer crazily printing white pages.  Luckily, I stopped it before the huge amount of paper got wasted.  After I switched driver type, it works great!

Driver: http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Lanier/Lanier-MP_C3500_LD435c

The more I use my dear Fedora, the more beauty I found from Linux system.  It is challenging to use it daily.  It takes time to conquer all the difficulties.  But eventually you will fall in love with it.  It is hard to fall in love with Linux at the first sight.

P.S. Definitely I am not going to recommend it to my Dad and Mom.

If you like computer, try it!  You'll like it.  It is so flexible.  You feel like you control your own world not Microsoft any more.  Ha Ha ...

No comments:

Post a Comment