Sunday, August 28, 2011

Haven't updated for a while.

Always want to install debian because of the NeuroDebian (http://neuro.debian.net/#how-to-use-this-repository).  Finally, I bought a 2 TB hard disk ($72 dollars) from Amazon.com last week and installed it in my home desktop.  Then, I installed debian OS in the new 2 TB hard disk.  My old Fedora can still be booted from the other hard disk.

The installation of debian OS was quite easy.  My motherboard's CMOS battery had problem.  It caused me a little trouble.  The debian system installation was very smooth.  I downloaded the smaller CD version ISO image since I would have internet support during the installation process.  I burend iso image to a writable CD.  Then, I booted my desktop with this burned CD.  It brought me right into the debian installation window.  The rest was like all other system installation.  I just simply followed the step by step instructions.  Bingo!  I got my debian system installed successfully.

So far, I like the way it works.  Still a lot of work to do though ... I need to install all the other software packages (FSL, AFNI, CTF MEG, MATLAT, ...etc).  More work ...

Ha Ha

All right, post some nice group pictures.

Dr. Holland's super girls' team (Hope Ben will not see this comment)  *_* 




No comments:

Post a Comment